To ensure equal access for submitters, CCRF uses the simple two-step application process outlined below. Before applying, please make sure to review the Current Request for Proposal (RFP) and Eligibility Criteria.
Step One: Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Please submit a brief LOI with a short overview of the project concept, the anticipated output and the amount of funding requested. This will provide our evaluation team with succinct and clear information about the scope and focus of a research proposal. See the LOI Format and Submission instructions below for details.
- LOIs must be received by the deadline.
- Based on the LOI, the CCRF with provide selected teams with a Grant Application, which includes a cover letter, project overview, phases and timeline, funding request, submitter background/qualifications, references, other funding sources (projected and confirmed) and any multimedia components.
- For grant requests over $10,000, a 30-minute videoconference presentation may be requested.
LOI Submission Format
- English language on your organization’s letterhead
- LOI should be no more than two pages in length, single-sided, single-spaced, Calibri 11-point font, and 1-inch margins with page numbers at the bottom
- Page One should include:
- project title
- general research design
- applicant’s name, degree, contact information and professional affiliation
- amount of grant requested
- Page Two should contain the research abstract, which describes the scope, purpose, methodology, hypothesis of your project and content of the proposed work. Please indicate the anticipated impact of this research and why it is important to further knowledge within one or more of the four CCRF Areas of Focus (Basic Science, Clinical Science, Health Systems, Population Health).
- Supporting materials, such as peer reviewed publications and biographic information, are optional and can be provided as attachments (maximum two pages)
- Proposals must be dated and signed by principal applicant
- Signed proposals must contain the following declarations: “We/I confirm, that to the best of our/my knowledge, this LOI submission is accurate. We/I also certify all identified investigators will fully participate in the proposed work. We/I have read and understood the most recent CCRF Request for Proposal and Letter of Intent Guidelines.”
- A single PDF file containing the LOI and all supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Friday, May 15, 2020
- PDF files should be saved as “LOI_lead submitter last name_institution_year.” (e.g., LOI_Harris_University of Toronto_2020)
- A confirmation email will be sent within 72 hours of receipt.
To be considered for CCRF funding, your project must:
- Be received by the CCRF no later than midnight on the date designated in the Current Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Be led by an individual with a professional doctorate or highest recognized professional designation unless otherwise noted in the Current Request for Proposal (RFP)
- a Canadian project lead is recommended but not required
- additional funding or in-kind partnerships are desirable but not required
- Include at least one Canadian team member
- Be conducted in accordance with Canadian legal, regulatory and ethical guidelines
- Be eligible for publication in an accredited, peer-reviewed journal